Tuesday, November 7, 2017

2017 Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #7


Hello and welcome to Week #7 for the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!  I hope your week is off to a good start.  This week I'm back with some fresh colors for my Christmas themed tag, getting away from the reds.  Starting with a jumbo manila tag, Pine Needles and Faded Denim distress ink were blended on using the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Stripes.  Design Tape from last year's Tim Holtz Tidings collection was used across the top.  


The Ornate Frame die was used to cut the center panel from plain white card stock.  It cuts two separate pieces, the frame and then the oval center piece.  Hammered Metal embossing powder from Emerald Creek was used on the outer frame.  The center oval was stamped with a stamp from the Tim Holtz Mini Doodle Greetings set using Jet Black archival ink, Vintage Photo DI was blended over it and it was coated with Prima Clear Crackle Paste.  


An Idea-ology Christmas Quote Chip made a great focal point for the top of the tag.  It has Vintage Photo DI blended on it.  A small poinsettia was created from white card stock using the Tattered Poinsettia die (now comes as a set with a Texture Fade).  The smallest layer was cut with an old Tom Holtz Poinsettia mini Movers and Shapers die.  I always spritz my handmade flowers with water and crumple them, then carefully unfold and dry with a heat tool.  A little Vintage Photo DI was sponged on the edges to give a more vintage look.  It was topped off with a cluster of Beaded Berries for stamens.  The holly was cut from the Holiday Greens, Mini Thinlits die from white CS.  I applied some old old chunky glitter I picked up at Jo-Ann's years and years ago.  


The tag was finished off with hand dyed seam binding.  One piece was dyed with Pine Needles distress stain and the other with Faded Jeans distress stain.  I made two loops of each color and tied them up together for a verigated effect, colors matching the plaid.  


Thank you to everyone who has dropped by to visit.  I always enjoy hearing from my visitors who leave comments.  Thanks especially to all who have played along in my little challenge.   It's so inspiring to see all the ways my tags are interpreted.  If you haven't joined in the challenge, there is still plenty of time.  You just need to complete all the weekly challenges by December 29th.  You can get the full details and challenge requirements on the Week #1 post here.








The products below were used to make this tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name-brand items are always 20% below MSRP:






7 comments:

Marci said...

Love the green and blue plaid and the poinsettia!

Jane said...

Another lovely tag Linda, great colours. I do love the ornate frame and all the gorgeous textures going on. I removed the last comment as I said I still had No 6 to make but daft me....I am up to date! I look forward to making this one on Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration! x

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness, Linda! So now I have a NEW favorite! I love those blues, especially on your fluffy bow! So much to love here--the fabulous frame, the gorgeous poinsettia and the plaid background--all such wonderful details that add up to one stunning tag! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Love this one - the crackled sentiment, the fabulous plaid and gorgeous blue-green ribbons - a treat!
Alison x

Deb said...

Beautiful Linda, love the plaid background and that wonderful sentiment framed by that gorgeous embossed frame, thanks for the inspiration! Deb xo

Suzanne C said...

I love the blue and green for the holidays and the plaid with the beautiful poinsettia is fabulous! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration!

Kate Yetter said...

So beautiful Linda! I love that you used non-traditional colors. The plaid looks fabulous along with that huge white poinsettia.
Kate

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com